Friendly & Dependable Pest Solutions In Sun Lakes, AZ
Golf courses and resorts aren't just attractive to the people who pay to frequent them, especially in places with desirable year-round climates like Sun Lakes. They also tend to be a hotspot for uninvited pests. Don’t let pests get the best of your beautiful property. Instead, partner with professionals at Quell Pest Control to ensure your enjoyment of the beauty of Sun Lakes continues uninterrupted.
Residential Pest Control In Sun Lakes, AZ
Nowhere is it more upsetting to find a pest infestation than in your home.
Keep pests out with help from the experts at Quell Pest Control. Our residential pest services can tackle any infestation that may already be plaguing you and prevent any future ones from forming.
We work with our customers to provide just the right balance of pest control to meet your needs and situation.
Call today to find out more about our service options in Sun Lakes, AZ.
What To Do About A Wasp Nest On Your Sun Lakes Property
If you have a wasp nest on your property, safety needs to be the number one priority. Before we address ways to remove a nest, let’s address how not to remove a wasp nest. There are some DIY myths out there that can be dangerous if attempted.
Hiring a professional to remove a nest is the most recommended solution but if you opt to remove a nest on your own, it’s important to avoid these three ill-advised strategies:
- Burning a nest. Wasp nests are extremely flammable as a result of their composition, but burning a nest is no way to go about removal. This strategy can lead to painful burns as well as the unintended spread of fire. Additionally, this method isn’t even effective as it doesn’t kill all of the wasps, which can result in remaining wasps attacking you and bystanders, or at best, rebuilding their nest.
- Drowning the nest. Another false cure for wasp nests is flooding them with water. Depending on the location of the nest, this method can lead to property damage and, similar to the effects of burning a nest, it can lead to an aggressive attack from surviving wasps as well as a resurgence of a new nest nearby.
- Using a baseball bat. The quickest route to a swarm of stings is attempting to remove a nest using a baseball bat. This ill-fated idea will put you in close proximity to the entire population and lead to an immediate and vicious attack. And, like the others, will not eliminate the problem.
The best way to remove a wasp nest includes the proper safety equipment, expert knowledge, and professional products. For the safe removal of wasp nests, contact Quell Pest Control today.
An Effective Rodent Control Guide For Sun Lakes Property Owners
Keeping rodents out of your home is as simple as eliminating the three things that attract them; unfortunately, this task is easier said than done. Rodents are a common pest across the United States with many species that have become increasingly dependent on people for sources of food, water, and shelter.
These three assets need to be controlled to prevent rodents from plaguing your home or business:
- Food: Rodents can find food in a variety of ways throughout our homes. It is important to always store leftovers in airtight containers, keep tight-fitting lids on trash cans, and maintain compost areas. Even things like fallen fruits and vegetables in your garden or leftover pet food can attract rodents looking for an easy meal. Regular cleaning and careful storage are the best way to limit rodents' access to food.
- Water: We can’t live without water and neither can rodents. But we can limit their access by fixing leaky plumbing, ensuring rainwater can drain, and using dehumidifiers where needed.
- Shelter: Limiting shelter for rodents is two-fold. First, it is important to limit access to your home by making sure shrubs and branches are trimmed away from your exterior, cracks and other openings in your exterior are sealed, and access points around utilities are secured. Second, it’s necessary to limit hiding places. Rodents will look for cluttered areas both inside and outside the house to set up their nests and begin reproducing. Clear out clutter and store items in plastic containers with locking lids rather than cardboard boxes.
If rodents have already made themselves at home on your property, let the professionals at Quell Pest Control get them out. We can quickly eliminate infestations and prevent them from returning in the future.
Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Sun Lakes Home
Cockroaches are some of the most invading pest species around. They spread disease and can be seemingly impossible to eliminate. If cockroaches have invaded your Sun Lakes home, it is important to get help removing them right away. The professionals at Quell Pest Control know all the tricks for removing these hardy pests and making sure they don’t return. Call today to find out more about our service options and how we can help you eliminate cockroaches or other pest infestations with our residential pest control service options.
Why Ants Are Attracted To Your Home In Sun Lakes
When it comes to ant infestation, things can grow out of control relatively fast. One ant colony can quickly spread into a full-blown infestation. If you’re wondering why ants are attracted to your home here in Sun Lakes, there are plenty of conducive conditions and attractants to consider:
- Failure to tend to any cracks or gaps in the foundation.
- Forgetting to repair a water leak.
- Forgetting to repair torn window and door screens.
- Ignoring spills or messes that leave sugary residue and crumbs on the countertop or floor.
- Improper food storage and leaving pet food out.
- Keeping doors and windows open for long periods.
- Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for too long.
- Leaving sources of standing water in and around the property.
- Overlooking existing entry points like cracks and crevices in the walls and siding.
If you suspect an ant problem in your house, the smartest thing to do is contact your local pest professionals as soon as possible. Quell Pest Control offers dependable ant control and prevention services that local homeowners can count on all year long. Reach out to us today to discuss your ant control needs; we’re eager to help.
How To Deter Scorpions From Hanging Around Your Sun Lakes Property
Scorpions are dangerous pests with infamous stingers at the end of their curved tails. Some scorpion species have poisonous venom that they inject into their prey with their stinger. The stings can be painful and can have serious consequences depending on the species and the allergies of the recipient.
Here are some tips for deterring scorpions from hanging around your Sun Lakes property:
- Avoid walking barefoot around your home, pool, or garage.
- Keep firewood stored off the ground, a reasonable distance away from the house.
- Properly seal garage and entry doors to prevent access.
- Routinely shake out your bedsheets, clothing, shoes.
- Use caulk to seal cracks and holes on the outside.
If you want to effectively protect yourself and your property from scorpion activity, it’s essential to rely on the expertise of the pest professionals. Here at Quell Pest Control provides complete scorpion treatments and prevention services, so your property stays protected continuously. Call us today to learn more about our scorpion control services.
Are These Spiders In My Sun Lakes Basement Poisonous?
It’s upsetting to think about a spider crawling around your property, but spider activity is a year-round occurrence here in Sun Lakes. The good news is that most common are spider species pose no real threat. In fact, they’re often beneficial in controlling local insect populations.
There are, however, a few species that local property owners should be aware of. Black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders are poisonous, and they pose more of a threat than the common house spider. These spiders have poisonous venom, which can cause severe reactions in their victims.
Here are some helpful identifying features to help you detect poisonous spiders in your Sun Lakes basement:
- The females are black in color with a red spot on their abdomen.
- The males are brown and rarely emerge.
- They have neurotoxic venom that affects nerves and nerve tissues.
- They are brown in color with black violin-shaped marks on the head.
- Their legs are covered in short hairs.
- They hide in cabinets, basements, piles of clothing.
- They have cytotoxic venom that causes skin tissue decay.
The most effective way to protect your Sun Lakes property from spider infestation is to call in the experts. Our spider control and prevention services at Quell Pest Control provide complete protection from spider activity, giving you year-round coverage you can trust. Reach out today to learn more.
Five Mosquito Minimization Tips For Homeowners In Sun Lakes
Mosquitoes are parasitic pests notorious for giving us itchy bites, but they also expose us to a long list of vector-borne illnesses like Zika and West Nile viruses. If you want to be proactive in your mosquito control efforts, there are some things you can do.
Here are five mosquito minimization tips for Sun Lakes homeowners:
- Eliminate all sources of standing water, as this is where mosquitoes lay their eggs.
- When spending time outdoors, make sure to wear insect repellent and permethrin or DEET-treated clothing.
- If possible, wear long sleeves and long pants to reduce your exposure to mosquitoes.
- Install window and door screens, or if you already have them, make sure there are no holes or tears.
- Keep your landscaping well-maintained and trim trees, shrubs, and branches regularly.
In order to effectively protect yourself from the dangerous consequences of mosquitoes, the best thing you can do is secure professional protection. Call Quell Pest Control today to discuss your mosquito control and prevention needs. We’re here to help keep you protected from mosquitoes all year long.