It's almost mosquito season again. This is the perfect time to start thinking about how to keep mosquitoes away, especially if you plan to spend time in your yard or if you're planning on having an outdoor event this year. Let's take a look at some of the problems that come with having mosquitoes around, what works to keep mosquitoes away, and what time is a good time to think about spraying for mosquitoes in your yard.
If you have a current and pressing problem with mosquitoes and you need pest control in Queen Creek, you can reach out to us for immediate service.
Problems Mosquitoes Cause In Queen Creek
You know that mosquitoes bite. You don't need us to tell you that. But there are challenges to having biting pests on your property. It is important to see the whole picture.
- Mosquito bites can make you sick. There are many diseases you can get from mosquitoes. Many of the worst diseases are not endemic to the United States. This may cause you to lower your guard and only increase protection when you hear about an outbreak. We don't recommend this. Local diseases you can get from mosquitoes can make you sick without realizing there is a connection between the sickness and the mosquitoes in your yard. If you get the flu or common cold more often than seems reasonable, you may be getting sick from mosquito bites.
- Dogs and cats can be impacted by mosquito bites. They don't like them any more than you do. They can also get sick. A disease to watch out for is heartworm. This can cause life-threatening illness for your furry loved one.
- A problem that is often not considered is that mosquitoes can cost you money. It is easy to throw your money away on ineffective mosquito control products. If you have a mosquito problem, the best solution is spraying for mosquitoes in your yard. This should be done by a licensed professional.
At Quell Pest Control, we use products and methods that are recommended by entomologists and pest control industry experts, and our team follows all safety protocols. If you live in Queen Creek, our team is the right choice for mosquito control.
Mosquito Sprays That Work Best
The first step in mosquito protection is personal protection. The best way to keep mosquitoes in Queen Creek from biting you is to apply a spray to your body or to your clothing. We recommend using a product that has DEET in it. While mosquito sprays won't ensure that no mosquitoes will bite you, they provide the best known protection against mosquito bites.
Mosquito Repellent Options
Sprays aren't the only way to keep mosquitoes off. There are many methods for reducing bites. Here are a few personal protection tips:
- Wear bright colors. This makes it harder for mosquitoes to land on you.
- Cover your skin. Long sleeves and pants will make it more difficult for mosquitoes to get on your skin.
- Avoid going out in the early morning or in the evening when mosquitoes are known to be more active.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol outside. Consuming alcohol makes you more attractive to these insects.
- Avoid exerting yourself outside—if you can help it. Increased skin temperature and sweating are both attractants.
- Sprays made from essential oils can give you protection from mosquitoes, but be aware that they wear off quickly and can leave you exposed to bites.
These tips can help you avoid mosquito bites in your yard or when you're away from home.
Mosquito Prevention Tips
Along with personal repellents, you should consider ways to control mosquitoes in your yard. These won't get rid of mosquitoes completely, but they are a good place to start.
- Remove standing water resources. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in stagnant water.
- Reduce perimeter moisture. Mosquitoes need moisture to stay hydrated. A good way to reduce moisture is to clean gutters out.
- Address weed problems. Both male and female mosquitoes eat nectar and plant sap. When little, flowering weeds take over your property, it can lure mosquitoes in.
These tips can have a big impact on mosquito activity in your yard. You may even reduce mosquitoes below your threshold of comfort. But, if your goal is to have no mosquitoes in your yard, we know of only one way to get rid of mosquitoes and keep them away: Seasonal mosquito control from a licensed pest control provider. When is a good time to contact a professional and have your yard sprayed? Right now. Spring is the perfect time to start your mosquito control service.
For assistance in Queen Creek, contact us at Quell Pest Control for assistance. We provide industry-leading pest control solutions for all of the common pests in our area. We can't promise that you won't have any mosquitoes in your yard, but we can promise you'll have the best mosquito control possible. Reach out to us today.