Trusted Pest Solutions In Buckeye, AZ
Over the last decade, the city of Buckeye, Arizona has been considered the fastest growing city in the United States for both 2017 and 2018. This is for good reason: the mid-sized city provides the perfect mix of big-city amenities and small-town flavor. Unfortunately, that also means that Buckeye has all the same factors that allow for pest activity to spill over from all this human activity in the desert. That’s why smart locals partner with Quell Pest Control for all their prevention and treatment needs.
Home Pest Control In Buckeye, AZ
Pests in your home can be a real problem. Not only are they annoying to have to deal with, but pest problems are also damaging and dangerous to your property. They can carry diseases and even attract other pests. It’s important to act on proper pest control early and often.
Luckily, Quell Pest Control is here to help. We pride ourselves on offering fast and effective home pest control, plus we educate our clients on ways that they can prevent future infestations. Here are some of the things you can expect from our services:
- Customer-Oriented: We always put the customer first, making sure that you understand our treatments and are happy with the results.
- Eco-Friendly: We don’t use harmful chemicals that can cause bad reactions for your children, pets, or even yourself later.
- Pest-Free Guarantee: All of our services are backed by a guarantee that if we don’t completely eliminate the problem, we keep retreating at no charge until it’s gone for good.
To protect your home from pests the right way, contact Quell Pest Control today.
What Attracts Scorpions To My Buckeye Home?
Arizona scorpions, such as the bark scorpion, can be seriously threatening once they make their way into homes and residential structures. With the threat they can pose to you and your family, preventing them from making their way into your home is critical.
As a homeowner, one of the best steps you can take to prevent scorpions entering your property is by making it as unappealing as possible by eliminating all the things that attract them. Some common factors that attract scorpions include:
- Clutter or debris in the year
- Leaf and wood piles
- Unsealed garbage cannisters
- Trees with overhanging branches, especially ones touching your home
- Moisture damage or trees with decaying roots, which attract other pests that scorpions feed on
- Gaps in your home’s walls, siding, or foundation
- The presence of other pests in your yard
If your home is attracting scorpions, don’t wait: call us immediately for help and complete scorpion elimination. And if you’re looking for the best long-term prevention possible for both scorpions and the pests they prey on, contact us today for more information about our comprehensive residential pest management programs.
How To Keep Rodents Off Your Property In Buckeye, AZ
Rodents are one of those pests that seem to come out of nowhere. Either you notice their squeaking or the signs of their scratching and gnawing or maybe you even see a mouse or rat directly. But the truth is that pest problems don’t typically happen all of the sudden.
They are attracted to your property by specific factors, and populations can start in your yard or stay hidden in corners of your property for weeks before you actually notice them. That’s why property owners need to learn how they can keep rodents out in the first place:
- Food Storage: All kinds of pests are attracted by the food inside your property, which is why you need to pay attention to the ways you store and clean up food. Rodents especially can chew through many kinds of food packaging, so sturdier containers are a good investment.
- Trash Storage: Mice and rats can also get their fill out of your garbage cans, so proper trash storage inside and outdoors is also crucial.
- Landscaping: Like most pest problems, rodents start outdoors. They like to make nests in overgrowth or piles of yard debris, so keeping up on landscaping is another pest control step.
- Inspections: Often, you can’t spot all the factors that attract pests. That’s why the smart course of action is to have a trained professional see if there’s a pest problem brewing. At Quell Pest Control, we help you determine all the things that might encourage pest populations.
- Treatments: The surest way to eliminate pest populations safely and effectively is by contacting experts for thorough treatments. Contact Quell Pest Control today to learn how we can help.
All The Problems Winter Rodents Bring To Buckeye Homes
Rodents like mice and rats seek refuge inside Buckeye homes when the conditions outside shift or when they’re in need of a good meal. But once inside the home, the problems they cause can be dangerous and costly, some of which include:
- Structural damage. Because rodents like rats and mice need to chew and gnaw on things in order to keep their teeth from overgrowing, they will chew on anything. Oftentimes that looks like walls, electrical wires, and personal belongings. They also will build their nests inside your walls, causing further damage and instability. In the case of electrical wires, sometimes this can lead to house fires.
- Health risks. Rodents are known to cause illnesses like rat-bite fever, renal syndrome, hantavirus, and salmonellosis. They spread these pathogens through the likes of urine, droppings, and saliva, and if rodents are living in your vents, these illnesses can actually become airborne.
- Other pests. Mice and rats spend most of their time either outdoors or in unsanitary conditions, which means that they are very commonly hosts for other pests like ticks, mites, fleas, and bed bugs. Once they’ve made it onto your property, they can spread these parasites very easily.
For more information on preventing rodents or for the total removal of a current infestation, contact the pros at Quell Pest Control today.
Have Scorpions Invaded My Buckeye Home?
While scorpions may be a pest that most of the country doesn’t experience, they’re certainly popular in Buckeye. With their large front pincers and wraparound tails, the scorpion is hard to miss. These pests are natural-born predators, and similarly to spiders, they work to reduce pest populations around your Buckeye property because they eat such a wide variety of pests. So in turn, they are attracted to your property if you have things like excess moisture, a yard full of debris, dense vegetation, and open trash containers.
And while it might seem like a good idea to have a helper crawling around your property eating other pests, scorpions are actually pretty dangerous to humans. They can deliver a truly painful sting that is similar to that of a wasp. In the Buckeye area, residents need to pay particular attention to the Arizona bark scorpion, which can be deadly. For more information on scorpions or for assistance in removing a scorpion population, contact Quell Pest Control today.
Five Simple Ways To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Buckeye Home
Spiders make their way inside your home while on the hunt for pests to prey on, so keeping them out of your Buckeye home means not only keeping spiders away but other pests as well. Here are five simple ways that should mitigate both:
- Eliminate points of entry. Use items like weather stripping to fill the gaps around your windows and doors, seal up cracks and crevices in your home’s foundation, and replace any worn window screens.
- Keep your food stored securely. Pests like flies and cockroaches are drawn to the food we eat, so always avoid leaving food out overnight and opt for airtight containers.
- Practice de-webbing. When you see spider webs, remove them. This is not only irritating to spiders but it also makes them find a new home.
- Address excess moisture. Many pests seek out stagnant water or places where water has pooled. Look to rectify things like leaky faucets, pipes, toilets, and showerheads.
- Inspect everything. Letting spiders inside of your home is easier than you might think, so always inspect things like boxes and packages before bringing them inside.
For more information on preventing spiders, contact Quell Pest Control today.
Just How Dangerous Are The Wasps In Buckeye?
Wasps are easily spotted with their slick, hairless abdomens and distinct yellow and black stripes. They buzz around primarily during outdoor gatherings or in your Buckeye garden while they’re searching for something to eat. And while many people actually like to have wasps around for their ecological benefits, they are very dangerous. Wasps are highly territorial and aggressive, which means that they will sting when they feel threatened. And to make matters worse, wasps are known to sting repeatedly. Their stings can be very painful to most; however, for some people, the issues that they cause are far more severe. For more information on preventing wasps or for the safe removal of an active nest on your Buckeye property, contact Quell Pest Control today.
Buckeye’s Helpful Guide To Cockroach Control
Cockroaches are some of the most deplorable pests in the world. Not only do they look gross, but they are gross. They carry diseases and parasites and tend to hang out in dirty, germ-ridden areas. Not only are they health hazards, but cockroaches can also lead to property damage. It’s crucial to learn how you can avoid cockroaches in the first place and promptly take care of them if they do happen to invade your property.
Here are some best practices:
- Moisture Control: Cockroaches are attracted to areas where moisture pools or hangs in the air. That’s why proper plumbing maintenance and ventilation in all your rooms are important.
- Crack Sealing: Cockroaches can flatten their bodies to squeeze through impossibly small cracks in walls and floors. You should address any faults you find around your property.
- Treatments: The most effective cockroach prevention comes from treatments of your exterior walls and yard. Luckily, Quell Pest Control offers affordable, safe, and effective treatments geared toward keeping your property roach-free.
Contact Quell Pest Control today to get started on overall protection from cockroaches and other pests.