Why You Should Call The Pros For Cockroach Control In Queen Creek
December 20, 2021 - Cockroaches
Have you ever snuck into your kitchen late at night looking for a snack and saw a dark, shadowy figure run across the floor or up a wall? If so, you may have a cockroach problem.
If you are facing a cockroach problem, you are not alone. Cockroaches are one of the most common pests in the world. Their appearance also makes them one of the creepiest, especially when you combine it with these cockroach facts:
- Cockroaches can live up to a week without their head.
- Cockroaches can live a month without food.
- Cockroaches can live two weeks without water.
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for 40 minutes.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles an hour.
These cockroach facts alone should be enough to make you want to keep these creepy pests out of your Queen Creek home.
Common Cockroaches In Queen Creek
There are over 4500 species of cockroach worldwide. Fortunately, only about 30 of those species are known to interact with humans. Even better, there are two species that are most common in Queen Creek:
- German cockroach: The German cockroach is one of the smallest species of cockroach in the area. It is also the species most likely to find its way into your home. They are tan to light brown with two parallel stripes running down their back.
- American cockroach: The American cockroach is large and reddish-brown in color. They are commonly found outside in areas that are cool, damp, and shady. They will make their way inside if they are attracted by food or moisture.
For professional help identifying the species of cockroach that is causing you problems, call us today and let our trained exterminators determine what species you are facing.
Where Do They Come From??
Seeing signs of a cockroach infestation or live cockroaches in your home can be a terrible feeling. It can make you feel like your home is a dirty, pest-infested mess. While clutter and messes do attract roaches, having roaches in your home isn’t always a sign that your home is unclean.
Cockroaches are resourceful pests that sneak their way into homes, even clean ones, in search of food and water. Some of the ways they get in your home include:
- Through small cracks in the walls or foundation
- Through gaps around utility pipes and vents where they enter your home
- Through small openings in doors or windows that don’t fit properly
- Inside bags, backpacks, suitcases, boxes, and other items.
These sneaky pests will do whatever they need to get in your home and find the food and water necessary for their survival.
What Is The Best Way To Control Cockroaches?
Cockroaches breed quickly and prefer to hide in areas of your home where you aren’t likely to see them. Because of this, a few roaches in your home can quickly become a cockroach infestation. There are solutions for cockroaches that you can find in your local hardware stores, like baits and traps. Unfortunately, even though these options are cheap and may catch a few roaches, they won’t get to the root of the problem. This means that the number of cockroaches in your home will continue to grow.
If you are seeing signs of a cockroach infestation in your home or want to take steps to make sure your home is protected, contact us at Quell Pest Control. We will work quickly to eliminate the cockroaches on your property. We can also develop a cockroach control plan that prevents them from coming back, keeping your home and family safe from these pests and the dangers they can cause.