Why Spiders Come Into Queen Creek Homes
February 08, 2022 - Spiders
Spiders will enter your Queen Creek home for a number of reasons – if you have spiders everywhere, then you should look into the reason for the invasion and understand ways to get rid of spiders. And remember, professional help from Quell Pest Control is the best way to get rid of spiders that are invading your home.
What Do Spiders In Queen Creek Look Like?
There are several different types of spiders in Queen Creek. However, out of these, some are more common to see around your home than others. Most of these spiders are fairly harmless, but there are one or two types of spiders that you should keep an eye out for.
- Wolf spiders
- Garden spiders
- Jumping spiders
- Giant crab spiders
- Desert recluse (often misidentified as a brown recluse, but still medically dangerous)
- Black widows (medically dangerous)
All The Factors That Attract Spiders To Your Queen Creek Home
If you are experiencing spiders everywhere in your Queen Creek home, there is a good chance that several of the factors that attract spiders are easily accessible in your home, and we list them below. Understanding and reducing these factors is key in learning how to prevent spiders.
- Pools of moisture
- Pest prey for spiders to hunt
- Clutter, both indoors and outdoors, for hiding
- High humidity or poor ventilation in your home
- Open trash containers and improper food storage
Easy & Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Queen Creek Homes
The following tips can help you understand how to prevent spiders from entering your house; proactive prevention is one of the best ways to get rid of spiders.
- Reducing pest prey infestations around your property is an essential part of spider control. Form an ongoing relationship with the professionals at Quell Pest Control to ensure your property is always protected from any type of pest.
- Seal up entrances around your home, including the gaps between windows, doors, and in the foundation. Make sure that window and door screens are in good shape, and consider investing in door sweeps to keep spiders and other pests out.
- Fix up leaks inside and outside your property and ensure gutters are clear. Make sure your home has proper ventilation, especially in areas like bathrooms and basements.
- Reduce the clutter in and around your home. Discard any stacks of cardboard, vacuum often, and clean out food storage areas regularly. Outdoors, make sure your yard is free of debris, store wood at least 20 feet away from your home, and keep the grass trimmed low.
- Put away leftover food properly and in a timely fashion. Refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills, and ensure that all trash and food waste are in tightly sealed bags.
The Secret To Total Spider Control In Queen Creek
The secret to total spider control in Queen Creek and the best way to get rid of spiders is to contact the professionals at Quell Pest Control. Our experts will be able to customize a spider treatment plan to ensure spiders (and their pest prey) are fully eliminated from your home.