What Homeowners Should Know About Scorpions In Queen Creek
April 20, 2022 - Scorpions
When scorpions invade your Queen Creek home, you may be wondering how to keep scorpions away and avoid any stings from this potentially dangerous pest. Pest control in Queen Creek is your best option for deterring dangerous scorpions and eliminating infestations of all types of scorpions on your property.
Types Of Scorpions In Queen Creek
There are several types of scorpions in Queen Creek that you should be keeping an eye on. Becoming aware of all different kinds of scorpions allows you to stay informed about which of these species is dangerous and how cautious you need to be around this pest.
- Bark Scorpion: Light brown and small, the bark scorpion has a venomous sting that can be quite painful and may need medical attention if received
- Giant Hairy Scorpion: Grows up to five and a half inches, has yellow legs with tan or dark brown bodies, and they also have dense hairs on their body.
- Stripe-Tail Scorpion: It is tan to dark brown with darker stripes running across its body and delivers a painful sting but is not highly venomous.
- Yellow Ground Scorpion: Are light brown to yellowish in color, similar in size and appearance to the bark scorpion, and it delivers a painful sting that is not venomous.
Are Scorpions Aggressive?
For the most part, scorpions are not aggressive creatures. They prefer solitude and hiding in their crevices; they are unlikely to pursue or seek out human victims to sting. But, when directly threatened, a scorpion will sting. It is problematic to have scorpions invading your home because you might not always notice them. This can lead to you accidentally threatening the scorpion and receiving a sting without meaning to; the exact reason why professional control is essential to keep out all different kinds of scorpions off your property.
Can You Die From A Scorpion Bite?
While it is not common, it is possible that a scorpion sting can be fatal. Typically, this will only happen in the very young or the elderly who receive a scorpion sting from one of the several dangerous scorpions in the wild and then don’t seek medical attention for the sting. Some sting incidences may lead to death via respiratory or heart failure.
In most cases, a scorpion sting will not be a major cause for concern beyond being painful. They may, however, trigger allergic reactions, so if you believe you have been stung by a venomous scorpion such as the bark scorpion or you have trouble breathing after receiving a scorpion sting, you should seek medical attention immediately.
What To Do If Scorpions Invade Homes
If scorpions are invading your home, you should be reaching out to our professionals at Quell Pest Control at the first sign of trouble. In addition to expert help, following the prevention steps below can help you understand how to keep scorpions away:
- Seal up cracks in your home’s windows, doors, and foundation to keep this pest out. Also, invest in weather stripping and door sweeps.
- Fix moisture issues around your home, as pools of water draw scorpions inside.
- Keep your yard clear of debris like rotting wood and fallen leaves to reduce outdoor hiding spots.
- Address pest prey issues in your home to stop scorpions from coming inside looking for an easy food source.
And remember, if you’re dealing with an ongoing scorpion infestation, don’t waste time in contacting the best way to kill scorpions; call Quell Pest Control.