The Best Way To Get Rid Of Wasps In Your Dallas, Texas Yard
April 05, 2022 - Stinging Insects
Living in Dallas, Texas, is a dream for many people. The stunning scenery, friendly people, and great weather make it a wonderful place to call home. However, one of the challenges of living here is dealing with wasps.
These pests can sting you and cause property damage. That's why it's crucial to take action and get rid of them as soon as possible. Thankfully, pest control in Dallas is simple as multiple pest control firms can help you with wasp removal.
The Habits And Behaviors Of Common Wasps
You can find several types of wasps in Dallas.
The most common types of wasps include:
- Yellow Jacket: These wasps are about an inch long and have yellow and black stripes. They build their nests in the ground or trees.
- Bald-faced Hornet: These wasps are about an inch and a half long and have black and white stripes. They build their nests in the air, often in trees.
- Paper Wasp: These wasps are about an inch long and have thin, brown bodies. They build their nests out of paper, often in sheltered areas like eaves or under decks.
- Mud Wasp: These wasps are about an inch long and have black and yellow stripes. They build their nests out of mud, often in protected areas like under eaves or gardens.
- Cicada wasp: These wasps are tiny, about half an inch long. They build their nests in the ground and hunt cicadas for food.
All of these wasps can be dangerous if they sting you. In some cases, you may experience an allergic reaction that can be life-threatening. That's why it's essential to take action. The best way to get rid of wasp nests around your home would be to get professional assistance for wasp removal.
How Wasps Stings Can Be Very Dangerous
When wasps sting you, they release a venom that can cause irritation and swelling. In some cases, the toxin can be hazardous. If you are allergic, you may experience anaphylactic shock; this is a life-threatening reaction that causes your airways to close up and can lead to death if not treated right away.
That's why it's vital to take action if you find a wasp nest around your home. Don't attempt paper wasp nest removal yourself, as you could get stung. Instead, contact a professional pest control firm for help. They know the best way to get rid of wasp nests and will do so safely.
Five Natural Wasp Prevention Tips For Your Yard
Even if you take action and get rid of wasps, they may come back. That's because wasps are very persistent insects. They'll try to build their nests in the same place repeatedly.
However, there are some things you can do to help prevent them from building nests in your yard:
- Install a wire mesh screen over your air vents
- Remove any rotting wood from your yard
- Avoid leaving food or drink out in the open
- Keep your garbage cans closed and sealed
- Install a yellow jacket trap
These wasp prevention tips will help keep wasps from building nests in your yard, but they won't eliminate wasps already there. Contact a professional pest control firm for assistance if you have a paper wasp problem. They'll be able to facilitate paper wasp nest removal to help keep them from coming back.
The Most Effective Wasp Control For Your Property
The best way to get rid of wasps in your Dallas yard is by contacting a professional pest control firm for wasp prevention and removal. Quell Pest Control is the most experienced pest control firm in Dallas and can provide you with a lasting solution to your wasp problem.
Our experienced team begins by inspecting your property to identify the wasp nests and then work quickly to remove them. We also provide tips for wasp prevention so that you can keep them from coming back. Contact us today for a free consultation!