So, You Think You Have A Rat Infestation Brewing In Queen Creek?
June 30, 2022 - Rodents
You may think that you're the only one who has ever seen a rat in Queen Creek, but the truth is, they're all around. Stray rats can quickly become a problem when their populations mushroom out of control.
They can transmit many diseases, feed on and damage property, and compromise the structure of infested buildings. If you think you may have a rat infestation brewing in your home or business, don't wait to call a professional Queen Creek pest control firm for help. You'll be glad you did.
Do I Have A Rat Infestation?
As much as rats are sneaky and not often seen by humans when their populations are low, an infestation isn't difficult to confirm. Here are several signs that you may have a rat problem:
- Droppings: These are usually the first sign of an infestation. Rats leave behind around 40 pellets of feces per day.
- Nesting: Rats nest in warm, dark places. Look for shredded paper, insulation, or other materials that have been gnawed on.
- Noises: If you hear rats inside walls, ceilings, or floors, it's a good indication that you have an infestation.
- Gnaw Marks: Rats need to gnaw on hard objects to keep their teeth from growing too long. If you see evidence of chewing on wood, wires, or pipes, you likely have rats.
- Rats: The easiest way to confirm an infestation is to see the rats themselves. Rats are most active at night, so if you're seeing them during the day, their numbers have likely gotten out of hand.
Once you come across any of these signs, it's time to call in the professionals. A licensed Queen Creek pest control contractor will inspect your property, identify the source of the infestation, and work to get rid of the rats.
What Causes A Rat Infestation?
There are several reasons why you may have a rat infestation in your home or business. Some common causes include:
- Unsecured garbage
- Pet food
- Compost bins
- Clogged gutters
Don't let your phobia of rats keep you from seeking the professional help you need. A rat infestation is nothing to mess around with. Call a Queen Creek pest control firm today to get rid of these dangerous pests for good.
Here Are Six Tips For Dealing With A Rat Infestation
While rats are dangerous, there are steps you can take to prevent an infestation from happening. They include:
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage properly.
- Sweep up crumbs, keep pet food sealed, and don't leave uneaten food out overnight.
- Cats are natural predators of rats and can help to keep populations down.
- Seal any cracks or openings that lead into your home or business.
- Install rodent-proof garbage cans.
- Place traps or bait stations around the property.
There is no shortage of diseases caused by rats, so it's important to take measures to prevent an infestation from happening. If you suspect you may have a rat problem, get professional help right away.
What Does Quell Pest Control Do About Rats In My Home?
Rat populations can quickly get out of hand, so it's vital to take action as soon as you notice any signs of an infestation. Quell Pest Control offers various services to help deal with rats in your home, including:
- Bait and Trap Placement
For a lasting solution to your rodent problem, reach out to Quell Pest Control. We understand the best way to get rid of rats fast and safely is through eco-friendly solutions. Our field technicians are highly trained in the latest rodent control methods and take a holistic approach to solve your rat problem.
We also offer a wide range of other pest control services, so you can rest assured your home will be free of pests - including rats. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.