Should You Be Worried About The Scorpions In Dallas?
May 24, 2022 - Scorpions
The last thing you want is a scorpion coming near your home. These pests can be intimidating with their large stinger. Unfortunately, they're becoming increasingly common in Dallas neighborhoods. While most species are not a danger to humans, they can cause fright and sting if provoked.
They are a danger to children, pets, and the elderly. If you see any scorpions around your home, it's important to call in a professional Dallas pest control firm before they breed out of control and take over your home.
What Kind Of Scorpions Live In Dallas
There are several different types of scorpions that call Dallas home. The most common species found in the area include:
- Striped Bark Scorpion: This is the most dangerous scorpion in Dallas as it has a potent venom. It's also one of the largest types of scorpions in the area, reaching up to four inches long.
- Arizona Stripetail: As the name suggests, this scorpion has a distinctive stripe along its tail. It's one of the largest scorpions in Dallas and can reach up to four inches long.
- Giant Hairy Scorpion: The Giant Hairy Scorpion is also one of the biggest scorpions in North America, reaching up to eight inches long. While it's not considered as dangerous as the Bark Scorpion, its venom can still be harmful to humans.
- Yellow Group Scorpion: This is the smallest type of scorpion in Dallas reaching only up to an inch long. It's also one of the most harmless types of scorpions, with its venom not being potent enough to cause harm to humans.
If you're worried about scorpions near your home, don't wait - call a professional pest control firm today. Don't let your fear of scorpions keep you from enjoying your home - let the experts take care of it for you.
Are You Accidentally Attracting Scorpions?
You may not realize it, but there are things you're doing that may be inadvertently attracting scorpions to your home. Some of the most common ways people attract these pests include:
- Scorpions are attracted to pet food as it's a high-protein meal for them. If you leave pet food out overnight or in areas where your pet doesn't eat it, this may attract scorpions
- Scorpions are attracted to water sources, so if you have leaky pipes, they'll come near your home looking for a drink
- Dark and moist areas such as under rocks or in mulch tend to attract scorpions
- Cracks and crevices in your home's foundation can also be an inviting place for scorpions to live
Call a professional pest control firm for advice if you're concerned that you may be attracting scorpions to your home. They can help you identify and fix any potential problems that may be attracting these pests.
Are Scorpions Venomous Enough To Kill You?
While most scorpions in Dallas are not deadly, their venom can still be harmful to humans. If you're allergic to scorpion venom, a sting could result in anaphylactic shock and death.
The Bark Scorpion is the most venomous scorpion in Dallas, and its sting is potent enough to kill small animals or children. Signs of scorpion envenomation include:
- Localized pain and swelling
- Numbness or tingling around the sting site
- Drooling and excessive sweating
- Muscle spasms and convulsions
- Nausea and vomiting
If you experience any of these symptoms after a scorpion sting, contact your local emergency services immediately. Don't attempt to treat the symptoms yourself - leave it up to the doctors.
Partner With Quell Pest Control To Get Rid Of Scorpions
The best way to kill scorpions and prevent them from coming back is to hire a professional pest control firm. These experts have the knowledge and experience to get rid of scorpions for good.
Contact Quell Pest Control today to schedule an appointment. We offer a wide range of services meant to meet all your needs. Our team of experts can help you with all aspects of scorpion removal and prevention.
Don't let scorpions take over your home - contact us today for assistance.