Queen Creek's Handy Wasp Prevention Guide
March 05, 2022 - Wasps
Have you ever been stung by a wasp? If you have, the experience can be difficult to forget. The sting is a big shock, and the pain will set in almost simultaneously. Luckily, the sharp pain will usually subside in a couple of hours, but you could still be left with some swelling and redness. But, wasp stings aren’t always just a nuisance; they can also be dangerous for some people.
Why Wasps Can Be Dangerous
There are many species of wasps, and this group includes yellow jackets and hornets. Some wasps in Queen Creek are more aggressive than others, but they all have stingers and inject venom. It’s this venom that makes wasps dangerous. When wasps sting, your body will react to the venom, and for some people, the reaction is mild; but, for others, there are severe allergic reactions to the sting.
The other concern with wasps is that they can often sting repeatedly. Many species will work together to defend their nests, and unlike bees, they don’t have a barbed stinger. This means that even people who aren’t allergic to wasp venom could end up with more serious complications.
To protect yourself and others from these stinging insects, following wasp control steps is a good idea.
Three Natural Ways To Repel Wasps From Yourself
The first step in wasp prevention is addressing the factors that attract wasps in the first place. You can remove or reduce these factors by following these three tips:
- Reduce Access To Water: Start by removing standing water and clearing rain gutters. Then, make sure that hot tubs or pools are kept cleansed with cycled water.'
- Clean Up The Yard: Remove places where wasps like to nest by trimming trees and shrubs often. Also, remove bird feeders.
- Remove Food Sources: Wasps are pollinators so that they will be attracted to flowering plants. Make sure not to overwater your yard.
Along with removing the things that attract wasps in Queen Creek, you can also follow a few other environmentally-friendly wasp control measures.
Four Eco-Friendly Wasp Prevention Tips For Your Yard
The next set of steps can keep wasps from getting inside of your home. Keep wasps from being attracted to the exterior and interior of your house by following these four measures:
- Repair or replace broken screens in doors and windows.
- Clean up food and drink spills.
- Keep doors and windows closed and install door sweeps and weather stripping.
- Contact pest control experts for more assistance.
If you need help preventing wasps or looking for wasp nest removal, give our experts at Quell Pest Control a call.
The Best Way To Remove A Wasp Infestation From Your Property
Once you have wasps flying around your yard, it’s not a good idea to try to remove them on your own, as this increases your chances of being stung. Instead, get safe wasp nest removal by contacting Quell Pest Control today. Our pest control plans include wasp prevention and eradication services, so contact us to request a quote.