How To Get Rid Of Crickets In Your Dallas Home
June 20, 2022 - Crickets
If you've ever been in your Dallas home and heard that incessant sound of a cricket chirping, you know just how annoying they can be. Not only are they loud, but they can also be a sign of bigger problems like an infestation. Learn about common types of crickets, why they might be invading your home, and how to get rid of them for good with expert Dallas pest control tips from Quell Pest Control.
How To Identify A Cricket
There are two different types of crickets: the field cricket and the house cricket. Field crickets are black or dark brown, have long antennae, and can grow up to an inch long. House crickets, on the other hand, are light yellow or brown, have shorter antennae, and only grow to be about ¾ of an inch long. Both types of crickets make that signature chirping sound by rubbing their wings together, but field crickets chirp at a higher pitch than house crickets.
The Problems A Cricket Infestation Can Cause In Your House
While crickets don't carry any diseases that can be transmitted to humans, they can still cause some problems in your home. For one, crickets are attracted to light, so you might find them crawling around your windows at night. They also like to eat fabrics made of natural fibers like cotton and wool, which means they could damage your clothes or furniture if left unchecked. And finally, as we mentioned before, their constant chirping can be incredibly annoying!
The Secret To Getting Crickets Out Of Your House Fast!
If you're finding crickets in your house, you'll want to remove them before they become a big problem. Here are some methods to try:
- Use a vacuum: This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get rid of crickets. Just make sure to empty the vacuum bag afterward so they don't escape back into your home.
- Set up traps: There are special cricket traps that you can purchase at your local hardware store. These work by luring crickets in with a food source and then trapping them inside so they can't escape.
- Use natural repellents: If you prefer to use more natural methods, there are a few things you can try. Cypress oil, diatomaceous earth, and neem oil are all effective at deterring crickets from your home.
If you're dealing with a particularly bad cricket infestation, the best solution is to call in a professional pest control company like Quell Pest Control. We have the experience and expertise to quickly and efficiently get rid of crickets (and any other pests) from your home.
Natural Ways To Prevent Crickets From Returning To Your House
Now that you know how to get rid of crickets, here are some tips to keep them from coming back:
- Keep your house clean: Crickets are attracted to food sources, so make sure to keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs.
- Seal up any cracks or holes: Crickets and other pests can enter your home through small cracks and holes, so take some time to seal up any gaps around your doors and windows.
- Use weatherstripping: Another way to keep crickets out is to use weatherstripping around your doors and windows. This will create a tight seal that pests won't be able to get through.
If you're having a serious problem with crickets or other pests in your Dallas house, the best solution is to call a professional pest control company like Quell Pest Control. We will inspect your home for potential entry points and help you create a customized home pest control plan that will keep your home pest-free all year long. Contact us today to schedule a free quote.