Effective Pest Control Services In Avondale, AZ
Avondale is the perfect example of the modern city, located just west of the major Phoenix metropolitan area. As part of this densely populated metropolitan area, Avondale property owners have to know how to protect their homes and businesses from pests. All this urban sprawl provides plenty of things that attract invaders, not to mention the fact that our weather makes it possible for pests to stay active throughout the year. Partnering with local companies like Quell Pest Control, even if just for advice and guidance, is the smart way for Avondale residents to stay pest-free.
Home Pest Control In Avondale, AZ
Your home is supposed to be the place where you can unwind and feel safe, but pests can poke a hole in this bubble of comfort. From cockroaches to rodents, common pest problems in Arizona can lead to health issues, property damage, and an endless wave of new pest populations to have to deal with. That’s why the best form of comprehensive pest control comes from experts.
At Quell Pest Control, we know how to safely and effectively deal with pest problems so you don’t have to. Here’s how we break down our services:
- Inspection: The first step is a thorough check of your property. We look for signs of pest activity and also the factors that might attract them to your home.
- Treatment: Once we know the scope of the problem, we can treat it. Using safe and eco-friendly solutions, we guarantee that your pest problems will be no more.
- Follow-Up: Even after we treat your home, we still make sure to contact you weeks afterward to make sure the problem is really gone.
You should be busy enjoying your home, not dealing with pests. So let Quell Pest Control handle them by contacting us today for your residential pest control needs.
A Handy Guide To Effective Ant Control For Your Avondale Property
When it comes to ants in Avondale, there are three important steps you need to take to protect your property against infestations:
Keeping ants out begins with eliminating all their potential points of entry. This might include:
- Holes or gaps in siding
- Cracks in siding
- Gaps around utility lines or water lines
- Openings around windows and doors
- Shrubs or tree limbs touching the house
Inspect your home thoroughly for these entry points and seal or eliminate them.
Give ants no food sources. Keep all cabinets and counters wiped clean and floors swept and mopped. Clean up spills immediately. Keep all food stored in sealed containers, or refrigerated. Ensure your garbage cans are equipped with tight-fitting lids.
A water supply is also essential to ants and other household pests. Look under the sink for any leaks in water lines, drain lines and faucets and repair accordingly.
With these steps in place, you’ve done everything you can to prevent ants from getting inside your Avondale home. However, once ants get inside, the only solution is to call the pest professionals at Quell Pest Control for help with professional ant control.
The Dangers Cockroaches Bring To Your Avondale Home
Cockroaches are pests that are regarded as unsightly and gross, and with good reason. While they’re not exclusively drawn to dirty homes, it’s a key reason. And before they even get to your home, roaches spend time in unsanitary places. They make their way into your Avondale home either by coming in via infested pantry items like grains, moving around drains and vents, and latched onto secondhand items like furniture and appliances.
But cockroaches are far more than a nuisance; they actually pose a serious health risk. They can trigger allergies and asthma and can lead to illness if they infest food items. They carry bacteria that, when deposited on food, can lead to streptococcus and salmonellosis. Additionally, they’re carriers of intestinal issues like diarrhea, cholera, and dysentery. While cockroaches don’t usually bite, cockroaches can scratch and that, along with their saliva, is how they spread these pathogens.
Cockroaches can prove very difficult to get rid of once you have them in your Avondale home. And while they’re infesting your property, they pose more of a danger than the nuisance they’re assumed to be. That’s why for total protection from cockroaches, contact the team at Quell Pest Control today.
How Crickets In Avondale Are Worse Than You May Think
Though most people associate crickets with peacefulness due to their chirping, and they represent strength, prosperity, and courage in many cultures, they can actually prove a lot worse than you might think. Here are some of the ways that they can be a nuisance on your Avondale property:
- They are garden pests. Crickets will freely feed off of young flowers and plants, as well as lay their eggs amidst the soil in flower beds and gardens.
- The Incessant chirping. While some people think that chirping is pleasant, it quickly becomes incessant and disturbing. This chirping is actually a mating call, so when crickets are in season, it can go on and on.
- Pets hate them. Some people have reported that cricket infestations have caused severe stress to their dogs and cats.
- Ruined items. When a cricket infestation happens, it’s not uncommon for them to take to your personal belongings like clothing, papers, or anything made from fabric.
- They pose a health risk. While crickets don’t tend to bite humans, they are very capable of spreading dangerous pathogens like E. coli and salmonella through their feces.
Don’t let crickets take over your property. Once you have an infestation, they can prove very difficult to evict. Contact Quell Pest Control today for complete protection against these annoying pests.
The Secret To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Avondale Yard
If you’ve ever spent time outside in your Avondale yard during the summer, then you’ve probably experienced the displeasure of mosquito bites. The female is the one who feeds off of your blood in order to reproduce. They get drawn to your property primarily because of the presence of humans. Things like blood type, being pregnant, wearing clothes that were washed with scented products, drinking alcohol, and even sweating are enough to attract mosquitoes to your property. The mosquito then looks for a place to lay her eggs, and somewhere like a kiddie pool or birdbath is an ideal spot to do so.
DIY techniques for preventing mosquitoes include the likes of making sure there’s no stagnant water on your premises, limiting the amount of time you spend outside, while also constricting the way you live your daily life. So not only are these concepts something you would need to monitor constantly, but they’re also unattainable for most homeowners in Avondale. That’s why the secret to keeping mosquitoes away from your yard is with professional treatments from the team at Quell Pest Control. Contact us today for more information on how we can help you enjoy your yard again.
Why Earwigs Enter Avondale Homes
Earwigs are the type of pest that would prefer to stay outside where it’s cool, moist, and dark. But sometimes they end up inside your home, and while they’re primarily a nuisance, earwigs will produce a foul odor when disturbed and they may prove difficult to get rid of. You may have Earwigs in your Avondale home because:
- Conditions outside have changed. The primary reason why earwigs make their way inside the home is when the outdoor environment has changed to be either too wet, too hot, or too dry. Earwigs look for the perfect balance of them all.
- There’s lighting outside of your home. Earwigs are attracted to prominent outdoor lighting fixtures like porch lights and lamp posts, and because they’re most active at night, when these lights tend to be on, they can easily find their way inside.
- Your home has openings around it. Anything from the smallest gap or crack is enough to accidentally let an earwig inside.
- You carried them in. It’s not uncommon for earwigs to get brought inside the home unknowingly via newspapers, plants, and firewood.
For more information on keeping earwigs out of your home and for complete protection against them, contact the pros at Quell Pest Control today.
Four Scorpion Prevention Tips For Avondale, AZ Properties
Scorpions are staples of our desert climate. From bark scorpions, to stripetails, to giant hairy scorpions and more, we’ve got plenty of different species to give us grief in Arizona. That’s why every property owner needs to learn how they can prevent populations from invading their yards and structure:
- Debris Clearing: Scorpions like to make their nests in debris piles or easily accessible soils and burrows in your lawn. That’s why debris clearing and general landscaping go a long way toward pest control.
- Windows & Doors: Scorpions can make it in through the gap below a door or an open window. It is important to ensure these access points are properly sealed up.
- Water: All kinds of pests are attracted to moisture, especially in the desert. Removing water features from your yard and ensuring that there’s proper drainage is a key step in preventing scorpions and other pests.
- General Pest Control: Scorpions are also attracted by the bugs that they hunt, so the presence of other pests on your property can attract these more dangerous ones. As always, general pest control is your surest way to protect against any invading species.
For help dealing with scorpions, get started by contacting Quell Pest Control for our professional scorpion control service today!
How Dangerous Are The Spiders In Avondale, AZ?
While scorpions tend to get a lot of the attention as venomous desert pests, we shouldn’t forget about the other common arachnids that invade our homes and businesses: spiders. While most varieties in North America aren’t highly poisonous, some spiders can be dangerous.
All spiders are also signs of larger pest problems because they hunt smaller bugs instead of foraging for food on your countertops. That’s why it’s important to get started on general pest control right away so that you can avoid the chain reaction on infestations that can lead to dangerous spider populations on your property. Contact Quell Pest today to learn how we can help.